Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Second Pregnancy Thoughts

Hopefully you will all be as thrilled as I am to be coming back with exciting news. A little over a month ago we received word that I was pregnant for a second time! Although we have lost two in the past, this one gave us a positive home test right off the bat, two times in a row! Not to mention the positive at the health department to confirm and the additional positive test at my doctor's office. We are a little scared, but very excited.

We have overcome fertility problems with the help of natural herbal remedies, after rounds of Metformin did little to touch my PCOS. After three months on Vitex Berry, Wild Yam and Magnesium Glycinate, bam! I was pregnant. My husband and I also began exercising daily and eating a healthier, more balanced diet, with many fresh fruit and veggie options.

I began reading a little online about how first and second pregnancies may differ, and was a little dismayed to see the negativity floating around. While there were a few regarding women who preferred their second pregnancy over the first, this post in particular highlighted select reasons the second isn't as much fun. So, I have to ask, why can't they be equally as good as the other, but with reasons each one was special or slightly different?

At this point in my pregnancy I am only 3 months along. I do notice some significant differences with the second, especially with how fast you may show or experience body changes, or perhaps food cravings. A few things that have remained the same were morning sickness, early weight loss (due to nausea and food aversions), and fatigue. One big difference is the fact that now I have a toddler to chase around, but she makes up for it each time she wraps her little arms around my belly and begs to kiss the baby.

Clothing has not been as easy this time, but I never got away with regular jeans for long during my first pregnancy, either. I think it is exciting to realize the changes that are coming, as well as impending delivery. I am happy to have an idea of what is coming, rather than the fear of the unknown. While I know it will not be pleasant, the end result will be like none other. And, after all is said and done, assuming everything goes well, you come home with a brand new life. How could that not be as exciting as the first go?

No comments:

Post a Comment